Wernher Von Braun (1912-1977) was a major in the SS-Sturmbannführer. He was exonerated of all crimes under Operation paperclip in 1945. He later served the US in NASA's space program as a rocket engineer. Von Braun had explicit inside information on the Roswell UFO Incident of 1947.
- "We find ourselves faced by powers which are far stronger than hitherto assumed, and whose base is at present unknown to us. More I cannot say at present. We are now engaged in entering into closer contact with those powers, and within six or nine months time it may be possible to speak with more precision on the matter."
The following quotes are told from Clark C. McClelland, whom Von Braun confided in the 1960s, concerning details of the Roswell UFO Incident. The insider was led to believe that Von Braun was actually on-site. However, it is highly doubtful that Von Braun would have been called on-site in 1947, just having been inducted into the United States in 1945 on less than a good reputation. The first couple years in the United States where Von Braun was stationed was very trialsome, especially while adapting to his superiors. However, the details Von Braun possessed about the Roswell crash were conveyed as follows:
- "The craft did not appear to be made of metal as we know metal on earth. It seemed to be created from something biological, like skin."
Von Braun's description of the recovered bodies:
- "The recovered bodies were temporarily being kept in a nearby medical tent. They were small, very frail and had large heads. Their eyes were large. Their skin was grayish and reptilian in texture. It looked similar to the skin texture of rattle snakes... seen several times at White Sands."
Von Braun's description of the debris:
- "Very thin, aluminum colored, like silvery chewing gum wrappers, very light and extremely strong. The interior of the craft was nearly bare of equipment, as if the creatures and craft were part of a single unit."
- ↑ From "Above Top Secret" by Timothy Good, William Morrow and Company, Inc. 1988.
- ↑ Von Braun was at Roswell (2007) by Clark C. McClelland, former ScO. First published in 2005, Is ET here?
- ↑ The term "skin" is validated twenty years after Von Braun's death, in the 1997 published work, The Day After Roswell by Philip J. Corso. Corso described the craft as "dark skinned" and "couldn’t see any cracks in the object’s skin".
- The Aldebaran Mystery, by Jim Nichols