Ufology is the study of UFO phenomena and how it relates to an alien agenda. The study is not recognized in scholarly academia, at least not in the United States. Therefore, in its most stringent sense, a ufologist can be defined as someone who is sanctioned to study, document and report UFOs to their government. Independent researchers are often self proclaimed ufologists.
The first ufologist in the United States was Josef A. Hynek, who was assigned UFO studies by the United States Air Force. Hynek’s credentials as an astronomer and professor warrants him the proper academic titles.
- 1947, Jul 7. Roswell, New Mexico UFO incident. UFO parts were initially taken to Walker Air Force Base. After all parts had been recovered, all items were then transfered to Hanger 18 at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base.
- 1947. Disinformation projects are initiated: Project Sign (1947), Project Grudge (1949), Project Blue Book (1952).
- 1948 Feb 13. First downed UFO near Aztec, New Mexico.
- 1948 Mar 22. Hart Canyon, the Aztec, New Mexico, UFO incident. UFO parts likely moved to Hanger 18.
- c. 1950, Naval Station Great Lakes housed a downed UFO.
- 1951. Area 51, Nevada becomes fully operational. All military bases housing UFO parts and technology, throughout the US, are scheduled for transfer to this centralized location. Reverse engineering of alien technology (See Lacerta Interview 2000) begins shortly thereafter.
- 1953. Project SIGMA, communications task, makes first contact with an alien force.
US intelligence termsEdit
- CAC: Controlled Agency Contact
- CIA: Central Intelligence Agency
- CO: CIA Case Officer
- CRAFT: alien spacecraft
- FAC: Foreign Agency Contact
- HQ: Headquarters
- KGB: Komitet Gosudarstvennoy Bezopasnosti (Committee for State Security)
- NOC: Non-Official Cover (NO diplomatic immunity extended)
- NSA: National Security Agency
- OCCUPANTS: alien beings
- PG: Polygraph
- RA-049: Moscow CIA Station
- CAC-049-0031: Reporting station for Controlled Agency Contact  followed by his number 
- SC: Station Chief
- SEVEN PRINCE: Codeword for intelligence collection within a foreign country
- SEVEN PRINCE COBRA: Codeword for foreign intelligence collection within the old Soviet Union
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 The Draconian/Saurian War Conspiracy, The Cooper Documents, by Xfile
- ↑ Hanger 18, HANGER18.THD
- ↑ Exopaedia, Sigma Project