Intelligent control refers to highly advanced beings or entities that are real and present. Nikola Tesla used the expression in his 1901 paper “Talking with the Planets”. Tesla described his experience in 1899 as having observed “intelligently controlled signals” that were “something mysterious, not to say supernatural.” He stated further that the “disturbances I had observed might be due to an intelligent control. Although I could not decipher their meaning, it was impossible for me to think of them as having been entirely accidental. The feeling is constantly growing on me that I had been the first to hear the greeting of one planet to another.”
"Intelligent control" denotes higher intelligence as indicated by various experiences recorded in ancient scriptures, as well as concepts found in the Ancient astronaut hypothesis. Vimanas in Hindu text, and Ezekiel's vision of the chariot in the Hebrew Bible are considered examples of intelligent control by higher intelligences. Some argue that these intelligences are not all extraterrestrial in origin, but may be indigenous to Earth in the form of Jinn.
God(s), angels, demons, or watchers are also viewed as higher intelligences. Various holy writings describe ‘ancient ones’ as having aided mankind. The following list of higher intelligences are recorded from various scriptures and holy writings from around the world, from India, to Egypt, to Meso-america.
- Abgal, the Seven Sages (Sumerian)
- Akrij (Akhrij, Sanskrit "wise-men")
- Akriw (Egyptian) "nine beings of wisdom"
- Nagas (Serpent humanoid leaders)
- Quetzalcoatl (Many variations of this name, expressing a winged serpent deity (or deities) in Mesoamerican legends).
- Royal or princely winged humanoids (possibly angelic)
- Anunna (Sumerian)
- Jatayu (Hinduism)
- Miamchi (Tibetan: མིའམ་ཅི་, Wylie: mi'am ci) OR 'shang-shang' (Tibetan: ཤང་ཤང, Wylie: shang shang) (Sanskrit: civacivaka).
- Harpy (Greek)